Prime Quality, Fully Kitted Ambulances::
ACE has the only permanently fully configured ICU ground and air ambulances in Zimbabwe.
Air Ambulances: ACE have 3 Beechcraft King Air Aircraft at our disposal that are suited to land at airstrips where most other jets cannot land, as well as a Learjet 45 to cover longer distance evacuations in rapid time. We run internationally recognised quality control and safety management systems which govern the safe and efficient operations of our air ambulances, under the regulatory authority of the Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe and International Air Ambulance Regulator Eurami.
No other operator has access to such a range of aircraft, covering remote areas and destinations across Southern and Central Africa.ACE is also a member of International Assistance Group (IAG) ensuring access to the best medical assistance networks worldwide. Our aircraft are supplied by Halsted’s Aviation Corporation (HAC), who have been operating since 2006, and are based at Harare International Airport.
International Standards and Accreditations:
ACE prides itself on benchmarking our services against the most stringent international best practice to ensure we are offering a world class medical service in Zimbabwe. We employ painstaking Quality and Safety Management Processes to ensure we are always improving and raising the bar.
Our commitment to the highest standards has resulted in ACE being the first Air Ambulance Service in Zimbabwe to be accredited by the International Air Ambulance Quality Accreditation Body, EURAMI. ACE is also proud to be an accredited supplier to the International Assistance Group (IAG).
ACE has recently been nominated for Air Ambulance Service
of the Year at the International Travel Insurance Conference
in Barcelona, to be held in November 2017.
Highly Trained and Experienced Medical Staff:
We employ only the most experienced and qualified staff, including ICU nurses, Pediatric ICU nurses, Traumatologists, Military Combat Trained Medics, Ambulance Technicians, Emergency Medical Technicians, Registered General Nurses, Fire and Rescue Crew, Emergency Medical Dispatchers, ER Doctors, EMS Training Instructors, Flight Dispatch include proffessional two crew pilot operations, on 24 hours standby. Minimum staff experience is 5 years post graduate in the EMS, with defensive driving licenses, and additional advanced training including:
- Basic Life Support for healthcare providers (BLS)
- Advanced Life Support for healthcare providers (ALS)
- Advanced Trauma Training
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS);
- International Trauma Life Support (ITLS);
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS);
- Sports Medicine
- Aviation Medicine
All additional courses are internationally governed and ACE Air & Ambulance (Pvt) Ltd maintain strict protocols ensuring that all practitioners are kept current. All practitioners are registered with the Allied Health Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe.
Finest Modern Medical Technology and Equipment:
Our medical equipment is sourced from the best suppliers and regularly and thoroughly checked and calibrated, as well as updated according to International Medical Best Practice Standards and includes:
- Zol M series, 12 Lead ECG, full patient and cardiovascular monitors
- Syringe Drivers, IV’s and Infusion pumps
- Advanced airway management capabilities with On-board multi-parameterOxylog 3000 ventilators for adults
- Incubators with Infant ventilators
- Self-loading stretcher units
- Full trauma medical supplies and medical kits
- Aircraft are equipped with 2014 Spectrum Aeromed ICU life support beds, with self-loading capabilities, including mounted suction, ventilation and oxygen ports, built in inverter and an easy access back-up emergency trolley.